Monday, February 21, 2011

Oakland Zoo with Ruby and Aurora







It was so cold out! But since it was the first non-rainy day in a while everyone was outside anyway. We went to check on the animals at the zoo, who were also out playing.

Ruby and Aurora negotiated a share arrangement with Ruby's tiny white kitty (no help from grownups) so that each took turns holding kitty in their pocket. See the picture of them discussing it.

Direct toddler-to-toddler conversation is new, and so fun. Ruby and Aurora also had a very cute conversation over dinner at our house the day before. Aurora asked Ruby why she uses a fork for her macaroni instead of a spoon. Ruby gave a delightfully detailed answer. ("I use a fork because I'm not using a spoon but sometimes I use a spoon but you're using a spoon so I can use a spoon too but I'm using a fork.")

The video is of Ruby and Aurora sharing Aurora's doughnut. I'm going to try to put both videos up. Two minutes of doughnut eating video! This mommy thinks they're too cute to post only one.

No comments: